Friday, April 3, 2009

Four.


Four days until I leave for Japan.

If you've been wondering who the fellow up top is, his name is Taro Aso, and he's the prime minister of Japan. He's fluent in english, a crack shot with a gun, and apparently reads manga*.

Also he occasionally says something extremely ill-advised - like in 2001 when he said he'll turn Japan into a place where "rich Jews" will want to live.

But really all I care about is that he makes all manner of silly faces. Is this the way Japan felt about Bush?

*My suspicion is this was just a ploy to get the otaku vote.
**Here's the article.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel like you should've been in osaka seriously a year ago. the waiting around to be in osaka has been outdone by the anticipation of being in osaka already.

Sam Thurman said...

I really can't believe how long it's been - I feel like I've trapped myself in a time capsule or something.

Oh well - ONWARD!