Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh my darling.

So, I was eating a clementine in the kitchen (my fourth one today), when I realized I do it in an oddly sadistic way...

How I Eat Clementines
via shitty iphone pictures

I start with a clementine. It's like an orange - but it's sweeter, smaller, easier to peel, and a thousand times more adorable.


First I peel the clementine. I do this by cutting a line around the clementine, ultimately attempting to separate the peel into two halves. It rarely works out.


Then I take a segment of the clementine.


I first bite a thin line of skin off of the top of the segment. I then proceed to peel the skin backwards on both sides.



The end result is a skinned clementine segment. I do this for every segment of the clementine. Without the skin, the insides are super sweet.

Why do I do this? I'm not sure: feel free to speculate.

4 comments:

Annie Wu said...

That's how I used to eat my oranges. Got a lot of practice as a kid in Florida.

marissa said...

all citrus is better without that skin part. i also eat orange and grapefruit this way.

Sam Thurman said...

I eat grapefruit with a knife and a spoon - it's sit-down food in my book.

(here I have a serrated spoon for such an occasion)

marissa said...

i've tried the serrated spoon, but it never works out for me, too much delicious grapefruit gets left behind. it's just a damn shame.