Monday, December 29, 2008

State of the Beard: Part one

and now, ladies and gents, I present you with the first annual...

STATE OF THE BEARD ADDRESS
A Bi-Weekly Facial Hair Report

Well, folks, I'm not going to lie: things aren't looking too good. I hate to disappoint all of you, but I don't think I'm on track to hit my target image on time. Though I am a seething cauldron of man-hormones my facial hair is more Orlando Bloom than Robin Williams.

But worry not, beard faithful, I have not given up hope! My facial hair may not be flawless, but god dammit it's mine! So what if it has obvious missing patches! So what if it's a completely different color than the hair on my head! So what if it's whisper thin, itchy, and makes me look like I don't wash my face even when I have!

It's my facial hair dammit: As long as it's still growing, I'm not going to cut it!*


*for the next two weeks

3 comments:

Krissy said...

I think there's hope! As long as you groom it proper then no one will know that you have lacking patches of.... lacking!

I dig what's going on in the chin aria but you're gonna have to figure out the cheeks (Or as I believe the beard-o's call them, jowls..)

_Abort?: No
_Groom?: Yes!

If the hair color bothers you, there's always Just for Men! :D

Sam Thurman said...

Naw, it's ok by me. I have to not shave for two more weeks, though (at least) - I'm working off of the advice of the fine gents at "beards.org"

Rose said...

Regarding the "Abort: Y/N", my response is

N!
N!
N!
NNNNNNNN!

YOU CAN DO IT SAM. I HAVE FAITH IN THE BEARD.