Wednesday, March 25, 2009

13 Days


13 days until I leave


Calculating the exact number of days was probably a bad idea. Every day until I leave I'll now be counting down: 12 days... 8 days... 3 days until I ship off to a country so foreign that trying to anticipate what awaits me there is pointless.

But I'm going to do it anyway...

Snap Judgments About Japan
because I don't know any better

People: pretty, materialistic, emotionally guarded, very polite, very put together, comically emotive in social situations and stoic in professional situations

Scenery: meticulous separation of spaces, mundane architecture is fascinating to foreign eyes, fascinating architecture is fascinating

Public Transportation: clean, well thought out, baffling

Food: delicious, cheap food is cheap - everything else is expensive, consisting of ocean things I don't think of as 'food' per se

TV: mesmerizing, hyperkinetic, baffling

It will be fun to go back and amend these when I, well, do know better.

1 comment:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.