Thursday, March 5, 2009

OUA Acceptance!


I got my acceptance letter from OUA slash certification of eligibility to enter Japan! I checked the mail today to find this swanky packet. While I dig the university's minimalist branding I have to say it's those rad Japanese postage stamps that take the cake.

Inside that envelope there was...

Another envelope! This one a bit more dour. Inside that one...An explanation of the envelope's other contents! A bit redundant, but necessary, since......this pretty little piece of bureaucracy isn't doing me any favors. Also...
Well, I'm just going to hope that's my acceptance letter. One of these days I'm really going to have to learn Japanese. Oh well, I'm one step closer!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Why would you black out your name when it's already made public on your blog and twitter page?
More importantly: super congratulations, man! That's awesome. i hope you are officially stoked.

Sam Thurman said...

So that people don't see it on an image search. Hurray!

alissandra seelaus said...

it took me far too long to figure out that the "YOU CAN COPY THIS IF YOU WANT. I MEAN, IT'S JUST AN ENVELOPE." was your doing and not japan's.

apparently the whole HEY THAT'S ENGLISH thing didn't throw me off even a little bit.

congrats, sir. good to see you the other day.