Saturday, March 21, 2009

On the Eve of De-Bearding

Tomorrow's post will be my hundreth - and it will be about my de-bearding. There will be a video. Try and recall the Natalie Portman head shaving scene from V for Vendetta, then multiply that by how sad it was when Simba's dad dies in Lion King and you'll have an idea what this is going to be like.

Oh beard faithful, what a wild road it has been. I only ask that you recognize it is the man behind the beard - not the beard itself - that has kept you entertained.

And will continue to do so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's what you do:

on a piece of paper, draw an approximate outline of your beard as if it were flat.

place a piece of clingwrap on top of the paper that is a little larger than the beard.

apply a thick layer of glue onto the clingwrap so as to fill in the outline of the beard.

when shaving off the beard, shave in small, 1 sq. in increments, so as to carefully collect the clumps of hair and apply to the glue in their respectful places on the beard shape.

let dry till glue is set.

carefully place in some sort of protective packaging, and mail it to me.

i shall don the beard while you are at sea. yey

Rose said...

"I only ask that you recognize it is the man behind the beard - not the beard itself - that has kept you entertained."

You just keep telling yourself that, Sam! (I kiiiid! I kiiid!)


I second Helen's suggestion. Helen should then post photos.