Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Am I a モテる (Moteru)?

So I read this survey over at what japan thinks.

The survey asked Japanese ladies and gents said what traits would help them be moteru - "an It Girl (or Boy), being able to turn guys’ heads and be the envy of your female friends." The results were interesting if not amusing.

I thought it would be fun to go through this list and see if I have what it takes to be popular in Japan. I'll be counting them down, starting with number twenty:

Moteru Desu-ka?
#20 - 4.5% of Japanese men* want whiter skin
Sam: got it!

Oh man, that was easy! Apparently, Japanese ladies like pale skin - for the first time, the pale comes in handy! Take everyone who winced at my sunless ankles! Screw you everyone who mocked my ever-present tube of sunscreen! Years of sunburns and ridicule were merely battle scars chronicling my ascent to dermatological victory!

That said, I'm kind of upset that it's the last one on the list. What could be next - browner hair? larger feet? height?

*who participated in the survey

No comments: