Thursday, January 29, 2009

Another List of Things

Normally I am against chain mail. If someone would ask me to continue a chain, I would without hesitation. Employing ancient hexes, dead girls, and rofltrucks to threaten me, however, is a low blow.

That said, I do like the trend of people posting 25 facts about themselves. It's like they're saying "go ahead, internet stalk me, it's ok." Ok facebook psuedo-friend, I'll take you up on that offer.

Suffice to say, I have a weakness for crafting lists - so here is mine.

A List of 25 Obscure Facts About Me
I mean, why the hell not.

  1. When I was a child I was obsessed with cows. This lasted until the fourth grade, when my teacher told me that I had to stop writing Cow-centric stories. Bitch.
  2. I've gone through several awkward phases that never left my computer room: awkward rap phase, awkward metal phase*, awkward anime phase, etc. I prefer not to discuss them.
  3. I'm a compulsive nail biter, sculpter, and trimmer. I perform all of these activities with my teeth. I fear that I'm wearing down my enamel.
  4. When I was seven I punched Evan LaMagnia in the face. He started crying. So did I.
  5. When I was a kid I ended up watching a lot of girl-ish movies from the fifties with my mom. On some level I still enjoy them.
  6. I'm kind of afraid of driving.
  7. I hate public bathrooms. I will hold off using a bathroom all day to avoid them. I've heard that holding it in can cause impotence - I really hope it isn't true.
  8. That said I find few greater pleasures in life than a clean bathroom with a sturdy lock on the door. It's like an escape pod from society.
  9. I think if everyone could be truly, deeply honest we would all be happier. I don't have the balls to live out this philosophy.
  10. I have an intense fear of having my finger pricked. It made me cry until until the doctor stopped using a needle - I was fifteen.
  11. I spit in a girl's hair in the third grade. It was an act of passion. I'm sorry.
  12. When I was in second grade Russel wanted to play Water World. He wanted, specifically, to be Kevin Costner. That was weird.
  13. Memory: My brother Jesse won't stop calling me a "doodie head." I get angry and attack his head with my chin. Then I try and kick him in the balls.
  14. The only time I've ever sincerely tried to pray to god was for a snow day.
  15. When nobody's around I talk to myself. Just kind of singing, going over conversations, etc.
  16. When nobody's around and I'm walking on a tiled floor I try to avoid stepping on the cracks. Black tiles are hot lava!
  17. My greatest fear is that I will develop the talent to realize my greatest dreams - and it will turn out my dreams themselves are not great enough.
  18. Sometimes I sing songs about my cat, to my cat. I've been doing it since elementary school.
  19. Once I start caring about someone I don't really stop. It's a problem.
  20. When I was a kid I had a Swiss Army Knife that I loved. My parents took it away when my Dad found it in my bed.
  21. I at times find myself so moved by hugs that I try and ration them out sparingly.
  22. Bacne is the bane of my existence
  23. Sometimes I think that I have huge thighs. I know it's silly.
  24. I think I'm calmer alone and in nature than I am under any other conditions.
  25. Personal philosophy: take a man and give him the power to do anything - then you'll find out who he really is.
*the music not the material - though that would be awesome

No comments: