Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cusp.

-Words are Strange-

I dig isolating single words just to point out how bizarre they sound. Cusp. It barely reads like anything at all - a spelling mistake perhaps?.


I can't help but feel like I'm now approaching the cusp*:

I've been doing a whole lot of nothing this vacation. I eviscerated passersby in fallout. I watched a marathon six hours of dog whisperer. I bought sweaters. I maybe learned two songs on the concertina. And you know what? It's been dandy.


In my mind however I can feel the roots of something sinister sinking in - boredom. Oh boredom! You necessary evil! You cruel catalyst! You have once again slipped into my mind - drawing my consciousness away from the thought-muffling pleasures I desire.

I am on the cusp of a new period of productivity. On Monday I'll be moving into the basement, where I will draw, read, write, and learn as planned.

*Yes, I know that's not quite how you use that. No, I don't care. If you think it's stupid just replace "the cusp" with "a period of productivity" ok? Jerk.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad for you. I hope the basement's not so wet and freezing as to distract you from yer learnings.
Also, I'm watching Planet Earth in HD right now. Whoa...