Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Cat is Sick

My cat is sick. The vet told me he's got some sort of inflammation in one of his vital organs. Apparently cats' organs are packed pretty tightly together - once one swells up they all start to swell.

So my cat has ballooned to about twice his normal size. He looks like a fuzzy gray beach ball with a cat head glued on (note to self: make fuzzy fat cat beach ball). He spent last night at the vet's taking fluids from the world's most adorable/depressing little IV. Now he's here - feverish though thankfully not vomiting anymore*.

The IV has given him enough energy to be a grumpy bastard again.
It's good because it's nice to have my cat back, bastard that he is. It's bad because I have to force feed him kitty pepto bismol twice a day from a plastic syringe. He thanks me primarily with his teeth and claws. Apparently, cats aren't so big on bubblegum flavor.

*or crap in the shower - I'd rather not go into details

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i had to do that to the kittens i took in from my friend. one of them--robot--just kept spitting the pink stuff back out. batman thought it was awesome.

Ariyana Suvarnasuddhi said...

Ewww. But I'm glad your cat's getting better.